Welcome from the Principal
Children at Highampton Primary School receive a personalised approach to learning - quality teaching, tailored to their individual needs, by staff who truly care about their happiness, welfare, safety, progress and achievement. Highampton Primary is part of is part of the Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust, which comprises of 17 schools. We believe that working together allows us to share our strengths and aim for excellence.
Our well maintained and attractive Victorian school building is set in spacious grounds with stunning views across Dartmoor National Park. We believe that children thrive from a blend of theory and experiential learning. We are fortunate to be able to provide a range of outdoor learning experiences onsite to enrich the curriculum using the large playground and field, forest school area and surrounding environment. The thriving Pre-school is adjacent to the school in the village hall. The school has use of this space for Gymnastics, indoor PE, performances and a range of community events.
If you have any questions or more information is required, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
- All children feel safe, secure, happy and valued.
- All children show respect for themselves, others and their world.
- All children are confident, resilient and independent.
- All children are curious about the world they live in and have a love of learning!
- All children are proactive members of their community and the wider world.