Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
"Learn together, care together, grow together"
As a Multi Academy Trust school, our mission to provide the highest possible quality of education for all local children,
in order to ensure pupils from all backgrounds are able to succeed, reflects the Ethos and Values of the Federation and our school.
Dartmoor Federation Motto: 'Working together to be the best we can possibly be’
- Democracy – We can influence School and society through the democratic process.
- Self Responsibility – We take responsibility for our actions.
- Openness and Honesty – We are honest about what we do and the way we do it. Nobody is perfect; we will not hide it when we are not.
- Social Responsibility – We encourage people to take responsibility for their own community and work together to improve it.
- Caring for others – We care for all members of our learning community and actively support those who; experience difficulties; or who are upset.
- The Rule of Law – We know the difference between right and wrong: We respect civil and criminal law
- Individual Liberty and Mutual Respect – We respect other people in school and in the wider society. We oppose prejudice and discrimination.
- Tolerance of Others who have Different Faiths and Beliefs – We promote tolerance and harmony between people of different cultures, traditions and faith.
Our school council work pro-actively with all of the children and staff to ensure that the children have their say in making our school special.